Dorcas Thrift Store Ministries
Reaching out to our community with the compassion of Jesus Christ.
The Following is a list of some of the organizations Dorcas supports:
- Bridges of Hope
- New Pathways
- Habitat for Humanity
- Sharing Bread
- Salvation Army Food Shelf
- Brainerd Lakes Ministerial Association.
- Teen Challenge
- Lakes Area Pregnancy Support
- Adventist Community Services: Minnesota
- Local Public Schools
- Quality Enterprise
- Prayer Quilt Ministry
- Port Group Homes
- Operation Christmas Child
- Oak Street Christian School
- North Star Camp
- Meals on Wheels
- Lutheran Social Services
- We Have This Hope Radio
- Crow Wing County Social Services
- And many more
Dorcas Update - 08/14/2020
Good Morning Too All Our Facebook Family and Friends!!!
A quick update, as we mentioned in a previous post that as time went on, we would be tweaking our policies given how things were going after the reopening of our store. We have had a good several weeks since opening and appreciate all who have come and supported our Ministry, either through shopping or donations. We are thankful and grateful for you all.
We have decided, starting Monday the 17th children will be allowed in our store as long as they are wearing a mask and are accompanied by an adult. We request that if you bring your children in the store with you that they always remain with you. We look forward to having you all in our store but want to keep things safe for everyone. Thank you again for your support, encouragement, and prayers
Donation Drop Off
The donation room is always open. Drop off your items at any time with our thanks. We are not able to accept microwaves, TVs, large appliances, large furniture, beds, or mattresses.
As a courtesy to our elderly volunteers who have difficulty moving large items, please do not leave donations in oversized bags, boxes, or tubs.
After covering its operating costs Dorcas sends the money it receives from sales right back to the Community in addition to helping individuals. The list of organizations that Dorcas has given to is long and continues to grow. Every time you buy from the Dorcas Ministries thrift store you are giving back to the community.
News Release for July 23, 2020
The Brainerd Dorcas Thrift Store
Good Afternoon to all our Dorcas Thrift Store Friends and Family!!!
It’s time for an update and to bring all of you up to speed on what is happening here at our store!! First and foremost Thank you allllll for your continued patience while we try to navigate this “ new normal" with the Covid 19.
It has been challenging at best to try to decide what will be the best for our store and our volunteers, as well as you all, our customers and friends. As we come closer to our Re-Opening day, I will update you in what our policies will be for shopping at our store. These were not easy decisions to make, and it has been difficult to please everyone. And as we slowly reopen, we will be assessing what is working and what is not working. And with that, some of these policies may change over time. Again, we want to do what is best not only for our staff, but also for you all. So please bear with us, we ask for your patience and respect with what we have decided.
Please be kind, considerate and thoughtful, our staff are all Volunteers and are working to make things run as smoothly as possible. Okay, time for the Policies.
- Face Masks Will be Required by EVERYONE, shopping in our store! No Exceptions!!!
- 6ft. Physical Distancing
- Only 15 Customers will be allowed in the store at a time.
- Only 4 Customers allowed in smaller back room.
- No Children under the age of 12 will be allowed.
- Dressing Rooms are Closed, only 1 bathroom will be open
- No Clothing allowed in Bathroom
- Please Use Hand Sanitizer, there will be some available for use.
- Vouchers are By Appointment Only and Only between the hours of 11-3, on days we are open.
- Garage will be Open Masks are Recommended.
- Good News!!!!! Donations will be accepted Starting Monday July 27, Drop Off Closet will be open every day for Donations from 6-1 Opm. Every day except Saturdays.
Again, please understand we will possibly be tweaking these policies as time goes on. But for now, this is what we require. We Thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to serving you all and our community.
Reopening Monday August 3, 2020 and from 11-4 pm.
Note: All Clothing will be 1/2 Price, that is clothing only. We look forward to seeing you all!! Please pass the word around to others who may not have or frequent Facebook.
Thank you all, God Bless.